Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, July 20, 2009

"Cherry on Granite" Miniature Daily Painting

Original miniature oil painting, 3"x3"
Unframed with free mini display easel
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

Fresh cherries are a treat I really enjoy in July. Doing these little studies is my way of remembering the delight of their luscious taste. That way I (and you!) can enjoy them again and again, even when they're not in season in my yard or at the market.

I'm experimenting more with using thicker paint. This tiny piece was painted first with a palette knife, with some added detail using a brush.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Oh, this is beautiful. I like the cool against the warm effect. Nicely done. Really speaks cold hard granite and warm smooth cherry!
I love opposites!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Contrasts do make it fun and interesting!