Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, July 27, 2009

"Afternoon Greens" Daily Painting and a PaintOut!


Original miniature oil painting
3.5"x2.5"
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin


At left is a small color study I did Saturday at a yearly PaintOut I sponsor at my place.

We've had storms trying to move in for several days. Interesting clouds and wind were a big feature on Saturday!



(left)
Bonners Ferry artist Dorothy Smith.

(right)
Bob Bissett
painted our old bunkhouse.


Bob's wife, Loi, enjoyed the evening light (left).

(right)
Newcomer Kelly painted her very first plein air landscape.


For several years I've invited the local artist group for a PaintOut and potluck
in July at our little farm out here.

I did this again two days ago on Saturday. We all had a lot of fun painting together and then sharing a meal.
Dalas Klein (left) put on quite a show as he painted one of his lovely oils.

His audience enjoyed the demo, I think! Several from our art group showed up at this mini event, along with the young painters, including Dalas' 10-year-old granddaughter who painted a whimsical piece at Grandpa's side.

2 comments:

Art By Erika said...

I think these sort of activities are wonderful food for our artist souls! You are all to be applauded for participating!

That painting of yours makes me want to paint from photos I took when I went to the Strawberry Music Fest love it!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Erika. I'll be watching your blog for that painting you want to do!