Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Foggy Night" Landscape/Nocturnal Painting

Original Pastel painting, 7"x10"
©1998 Diana Moses Botkin

Night scene in blues, greens, greys and warm lights

If you're wondering what's up with my infrequent posts lately, let me explain. Two weeks ago I traveled to McCall, Idaho, a long drive which I did in two days stints.

Four days of driving for a two day stay.. I must be crazy. The travel to McCall was for a gala art event at a botanical garden in McCall at Charlie's Garden. It was my first time at the show and although I had no idea what to expect for sales, I sold paintings. It was a lovely show with excellent attendance from locals and tourists in the area. Wine tasting and live music, the beautiful outdoor setting and lovely work exhibited by artists from all over the region contributed to the success of this show. I met some wonderful new people and supporters of my work and got to see artist friends too.

4 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Right, or cleaning which is what a dear friend said to me long ago.
Actually, her quote was, "there are a lot of good housekeepers in the cememtery."
Sounds like you're having a fun time and that's what it's all about.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I gave up housecleaning long ago.

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to paint a night street scene. I just signed up for a workshop next year to perhaps pickup a bit of technique. The class description mentions learning to mix colors in the dark - should be a challenge.

I like the one you did.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Mixing colors in the dark... that sounds useful. Besides doing night paintings (I guess you could wear a little headlamp so you could know where to put your brush in the dark) mixing colors when light is low would be handy for plein air painting sunset scenes too.

I hope you tell us all about the experience on your blog.