Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, July 7, 2008

"Trees at the River" Landscape Daily Painting

Oil, 4"x6" in Gold museum style frame
©2008 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD


Artists often lead solitary lives, even in the midst of family life, due to the nature of their work. Take this past weekend for example when we had a crowd gathered here for the Fourth of July, .

Saturday a bunch of us
drove to a nearby boat dock to swim in the freezing river. I had brought along my little cigar box pochade so I could paint.

While I sat in the strong wind and the bright sun and worked to capture the light and wind on the water and trees, I could hear the kids having fun at a distance from me. They are all old enough to look after each other now and I don't need to be lifeguard. Come to think of it, being a lifeguard is a lonely job too.

2 comments:

Antony Bridge said...

Love the water in this painting. brilliant work.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

With the wind whipping up the water it was a challenge to keep it from being too busy. I'm happy to hear you like it.