Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, July 20, 2012

"Summer Vista" Plein Air Daily Painting

Original oil 5"x7", unframed
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

 

This small study was painted on location one very hot afternoon recently.

I had to pack up and leave before I was finished with the piece, so added the finishing touches later to the clouds.

8 comments:

Cyndy Carstens said...

Very calming, Diana, and beautifully done. I love the serene colors - bright but relaxing.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Cyndy. It was indeed a bright and relaxing afternoon!

hmuxo said...

A beautiful scene, Diana..so peaceful. Love it!!!
I missed your previous two paintings..and I love them both but I love the darker trees in "afternoon view". and of course, congratulations on selling them..!!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Hilda. 'Tis the season for plein air painting!

Ruth Andre said...

Beautiful landscape painting and in your own back yard.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It's my back yard when I visit the kids. I always enjoy the rolling hills and big sky in the Palouse, along with the crop patterns in some areas. The wheat is really pretty right now and I hope to get out and paint that before it's harvested.

mary maxam said...

Yes, serene is a the right word- and it's lovely! Looks like you've been busy with family and plein air activities :) Enjoy!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by, Mary. Yes this IS a busy time of year for lots of fun activities. And we have sunshine!