Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, May 9, 2011

I'm the Poster Artist This Year for The Festival in Sandpoint

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. It was announced recently at the Sandpoint Festival Wine Tasting which artist has been chosen to create this year's Festival Poster! Guess who?!

So now the hard work begins. I've already been gathering my references for the idea in my mind. I'll be busy "at the drawing board" and at my easel to plan the composition and then paint the large piece that will be used for the 2011 Festival poster.

Meanwhile, I won't be doing much in the way of small daily paintings for the next few weeks. However, you can find existing choices at my DailyPainters gallery page. Plus, I'm offering free shipping this spring through May 15 on a number of pieces!

8 comments:

Dave Rossi said...

Sounds like a great honor and I'm sure well deserved. Best to you - break a brush!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Haha I like that.

Thanks, Dave!

pattrsnd said...

Congrats Diana...that's very cool!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, David. It is quite an honor and a responsibility!

cabinart said...

Way to go, Diana! It is good you have time to plan and think and design. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Jana. I don't have all that much time... so will appreciate your prayers!

mary maxam said...

Diana, this is excellent! I always look forward to seeing it!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Please let me know if you'll be in attendance at any of the Festival events!