Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, July 6, 2009

"Pedicure in Pink and Ink" Whimsical Daily Painting

Original commissioned oil painting, 5"x7"
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

A month ago, my Facebook friend Marsha told me she couldn't get my May Challenge painting out of her mind. And, by the way, our July Challenge is coming up next week!

Marsha loved the concept and the little Lego helper and wanted me to paint something similar, with a twist, just for her.

Marsha has a special homemade tattoo on her great toe that got there at a high school slumber party. She's had it for over 40 years and has grown quite attached to it, even though she's not sure if it is a pineapple or a flower.

She and I both had a lot of fun planning this piece to show off that unique body art. When the painting was finished, we posted it on Facebook for a naming contest. Close runners-up for the title were "Pinkin' it Up", "Piggie Party", "This Little Piggie Got a Tattoo" and "Pampered Piggie". BB's suggestion of "Pedicure in Pink and Ink" got the most votes and it IS the perfect name for this piece!

2 comments:

beebee said...

this is really awesome , you have taken a long time irritation for Marsha and made it a masterpiece, you are very very good thanks for sharing , along time friend of Marsha's ,,,beebee

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks Brenda! And thanks for helping us come up with the perfect name for this piece. You're a genius!