Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Ballet Class Memories and a New Reproduction

"Pointe Shoes
on Black Satin" Oil
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

This morning I was busting up some firewood for kindling. One of the fir pieces had a lot of rosin, which makes for a very useful fire-starter.

Whenever I see or smell rosin, it always brings back pleasant memories of ballet class. We used the stuff on the ends of our pointe shoes (I still have this old pair) to discourage slippage on wood floors. It's quite handy. I remember, even now, the feeling of breaking up a chunk of it in the rosin box with the toe of my shoe.

So, I thought I'd share this painting again, which has a home with a favorite collector. Reproductions are available now, however. This image is the newest addition to my online print gallery of still life art.

You can order here in a variety of sizes, on canvas or art paper. Framing is also available, which is especially nice this time of year for gift needs.

4 comments:

pattrsnd said...

Tis is so wonderful, Diana! Well done!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, David. It's nice to hear from you!

suzanneberry said...

Beautifully done Diana! I love this!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I appreciate your feedback so much, Suzanne. Thank you.