Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Two Charcoal Sketches


This lovely young lady, with her classic look, was the perfect model for these two little practice drawings.

I'm testing out some art materials again for a company and have sent them my comments on the charcoal pencils I tried out this time.

I'll tell you more about them at a future date. Until then, I hope you'll enjoy these sketches.

(top left image)
"Solo Smile" 11"x8.5"
Charcoal and chalk pencils on rust Canson
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

 


(lower left image)
"Moment" 10"x7"
Charcoal and chalk pencils on rust Canson
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

Please contact me for purchase information. 

6 comments:

Susan said...

So much feeling in these two sketches. You captured the gestures beautifully in each one.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Susan, thank you! I'm so glad you see both the feeling and the gesture. That means a lot to me.

mary maxam said...

I look forward to hearing about these materials. Love the sketches and the choice of red toned background color.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by, Mary. I'll tell more about the materials in a few months, after their release by the company. For now, I can tell you they are student grade materials. I liked these charcoal pencils fairly well.

hmuxo said...

A perfect model, Diana. I love these two charcoal drawings...perfect values and love her pose... It's always a pleasure to visit you!!!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

She is a wonderful model, Hilda. I'm working on a painting of her that I hope to show at a future time here. Thanks for dropping by!