Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

"Summer Lullaby"
Original oil painting, 14"x11"
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

Although I enjoy painting a variety of scenes in God's creation, I must say that mothers and babies are just about my most favorite subjects. This is a piece I've recently framed. Reproductions are available at my LifeImages gallery. Look for the savings code at the top of the page!


The original, along with two more of my figurative works, have been accepted to the Wallowa Valley Festival of the Arts. The show and quick draw will be held May 31 - June 2 in Joseph, Oregon.

I'm looking forward to this event, as I've heard good things about it. I'll be at the Opening and will also do a demo on Saturday. I'll also enjoy participating in the quick draw. That is always an exciting challenge to make a painting in the allotted time!

10 comments:

Donna said...

Diana,
This is exquisitely beautiful.
I love the colors and your skill in this one!!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, dear Donna. This took awhile, being larger and detailed, but it was a labor of love.

Ruth Andre said...

Oh Diana, I do love this painting. Congratulations on you coming show.

Helen K Beacham Fine Art said...

I can feel the quiet emotion behind it!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Ruth and Helen!

Gloria E. Moses said...

Touchingly beautiful composition

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for your comment, Gloria. You've made my day.

suzanneberry said...

exquisite! touching and so lovingly done.

hmuxo said...

I can't say enough on how I feel about this painting, Diana! It's absolutely beautiful...!!
The best of luck with your show..
wish I can see all your work in person!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Suzanne, your encouragement means so much. Thank you!

Hilda, I appreciate that. Let me know if you're ever traveling up this way!