Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Scotchman Peaks Paint Out

(left) "Blues and Greens"
Original oil
7"x14"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

These were painted en plein air last month near Hope, Idaho, for the Scotchman Peaks Wilderness Paint Out.

I've participated in this event for several years and always enjoy the camaraderie of painting with other artists, even if the weather is a bit cold for me.

If you'd like to see these paintings in person, you can enjoy them at OutSkirts Gallery in Hope. It's a lovely drive around the lake from Sandpoint.

(left) "Companions" Original oil, 10"x8"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

(below left) "Limelight" Original oil, 5"x5"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

8 comments:

pattrsnd said...

Beautiful work, Diana! I especially like the fist oil painting!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

David, thank you. That first one is my favorite too. I have painted at that location a number of times and always find something new to learn there.

hmuxo said...

These are all so beautiful, I love "Blues and Greens". When my husband and I drove from Salt Lake City to Wyoming, we past briefly through Idaho and there was a Lake that had a blue/green color like I've never seen before...but it reminds me of your painting!!! Gorgeous piece, Diana.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

How interesting, Hilda. I wonder which lake it was that was so green.

mary maxam said...

I've always thought Priest had a wonderful blue hue & I love the first painting too! But my fav is "companions" what a wonderful story they tell. Super,as always Diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Mary. I liked the contrast of those two trees together and thought they looked like they were long time companions. I'm tickled you got the message.

Unknown said...

Wow you captured the monarchs and the flats beautifully. Great job.
Sorry I missed your BD party. Hopefully next year!
Kathy Gavin

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Kathy!