Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, November 17, 2008

"Onion Shadows" Impressionistic Daily Painting

Original still life oil painting, 4"x6"
Red onion on reflective surface, in reds, maroons, deep purple and warm greys. $99.

I had fun painting this. In fact, this is the most fun I've had in several days!
I've had my nose to the grindstone doing paperwork.

This afternoon I saw the humble red onion in my kitchen with interesting patterns on the reflective granite. So I brought my paints and brushes downstairs and forgot about chores for awhile as I enjoyed the challenge of painting this quick study from life.

©2008 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

It is a little jewel, Diana.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Sometimes when I see my paintings in the frames, especially the gold ones, I'm reminded of sparkling jewels set in precious metals, or enamel jewelry pieces in gold frames.