Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Costumed Model Drawings

This lovely model was such fun to study in her antique costume and hairstyle.

Even the simple warm-up sketch ("Shift", at left) has interesting line and pose.

These were some more of the studies I did this winter on my trip at open studio sessions. Looking at them now, weeks after I drew them, I see this young lady moving from pose to pose in an intriguing dance. The connection of drawing or painting from life builds a strong artistic bond with the subject, whether it is a still life, a landscape, portrait or figurative study.

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

Your model is absolutely beautiful, Diana and you painted her so perfectly...I love the antique feel to her especially in the last drawing. Wonderful work!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I appreciate that, Hilda. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Shirley Fachilla said...

I do a bunch of painting the model from life at open studios, and I agree about that bond. Sometimes it becomes quite like a collaboration between model and artist.
Your sketches do create a sort of dance.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I sure do miss those sessions with the model when I'm away from them. That collaboration you mention is something that is not always easily explained. The Muse.