Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Two More Hawaii Plein Air Paintings

(left) "Shore Sunset"
Original oil, 5"x7"
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

I was going to post these after I showed you those first three from my trip, but got so busy with Christmas preparations and my commission, that I forgot about it!

So, I hope you'll enjoy these little reminders of warm evenings in a wonderful place. Please contact me to purchase.

(lower image) "Kona Lights"
Original oil, 4"x6"
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD


I loved painting en plein air on the tropical beaches for many reasons. Principally, the weather was much to my liking, as I didn't have to bundle up even though it was December. I usually didn't even need a jacket in the evening, although sometimes I added my painting shirt to sleeveless attire.

Add to the warm weather, gentle breezes and families singing and laughing nearby while children played in the sand, and it was pretty much the perfect environment for a simple rustic life.

If you've ever been to such a place, I hope these two studies will remind you of pleasant memories. If you haven't yet been able to swing a trip, I highly recommend it. Find a bargain airline ticket and a good deal on a room. Once you are there, there is a lot to do that doesn't cost much money. Being on the beach with a picnic dinner, or snorkeling to see the beautiful fish are some of the simple pleasures we enjoyed most on the trip.

6 comments:

Melanie Thompson said...

These are beautiful! The clouds especially are stunning.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hey thanks, Melanie. It's nice to hear from you!

hmuxo said...

I love the clouds in shore sunset, Diana...Beautifully painted.. Its always a pleasure to visit you!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for stopping by, Hilda.

Jane Hunt said...

THese are gorgeous! I'm going in the spring so am inspired now :)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Oh have a marvelous time, Jane! I will look forward to seeing what you paint on your trip. It will probably make me miss the place even more, though.