Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, June 21, 2013

Busy, Busy

Ever see a word and think "How strange this looks: is it really spelled like that?" This just happened when I wrote the headline to this post. And then I thought of bees and how busy they are during this season of blooming plants everywhere.

Speaking of blooming plants, there was plenty of work to do outdoors when I returned from my trip to the Wallowa Valley Festival of the Arts recently. I'll probably never catch up with the weeds this summer! I did manage to get a few tomato and basil starts put in my little kitchen garden. We finally have some warmer weather up here at the edge of the earth although I did make a fire in the wood stove yesterday because it was so cold and rainy.

Next on my agenda is the 36th Annual ArtWalk in nearby Sandpoint. Opening is tonight! This painting is one of my pieces that will be shown at Panhandle State Bank for the show that runs through September 6.

(left) "Afternoon Study"
Original oil 14"x11", framed
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD


Tonight is also the Opening for the Oil Painters of America Juried Salon Show. My painting "Awake, Sleeper" was juried in and I hope someone falls in love with it at the exhibit. For purchase information, please contact the Crooked Tree Arts Center in Petosky, Michigan

Tomorrow and next Saturday I teach workshops for Artisans at Dahmen Barn, one in pastel and the other in oil.

I'm also writing an article for Professional Artist Magazine on doing commissions. That is set for the October/November issue but my deadline is just around the corner.

Additionally, I just updated another piece that a well-known art supplier uses at their website, with my permission. I'll let you know when the new version is posted!

And I have some commissions I've agreed to do, which are not really underway yet, except for the important initial communication and discussion of poses, etc.

12 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Oh Diana, you are a very busy girl! I really like your window painting with the mysterious figure dressed in lovely flower color. The subtle shadow play, sunspot is really nice. I bet it's even better in life! Best of luck with all your undertakings.

VickiRossArt said...

Absolutely love the window and the reflections...looks like it has been freshly washed!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Susan, yes, paintings ARE better in person! Thanks so much for stopping in to see what I've been up to, and for your kind and encouraging comments.

Vicki, thanks so much!

hmuxo said...

This is really beautiful, Diana!!!
I love the shadows on the house from the trees and the reflections in the window of this lady is amazing. It's an interesting painting!
LOVE it!!!

mary maxam said...

A really beautiful painting! It's the kind where you can't have one wrong line or your eye will go right to it...but it's all just perfect- very serene! Good luck with all the 'busy'- sounds great.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hilda, thank you. Those aspects of the scene are what made me want to paint it. I'm glad you connected with it in the same way.

Mary, you are so right about all those lines. It's encouraging to know you get the mood! That means a lot to me. Thanks for the well wishes on all my upcoming activity. I bet you have a lot this summer too.

Karen Bruson said...

Great job.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for your visit and comments, Karen! Happy painting to you.

Celeste Bergin said...

you really are busy! wow! That window painting is wonderful. I look forward to reading your article :)

Shirley Fachilla said...

Gosh, you are busy, busy (I often think a word looks funny and wrong and since my spelling skills are minimal, it very well might be very wrong!)
Good luck on your article and on selling your Crooked Tree painting.
The window painting is wonderful. Very evocative for me and I so want to see beyond the glass.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Celeste and Shirley, thank you for your kind words!

Ruth Andre said...

This painting reminds me of my many trips to the mid-west to visit my relatives. It is so calming and lovely.