Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Limited Strokes Painting... Continued Some More


(left)


"7 Stroke Apples 2"
Original oil on canvas
12"x4.5"
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin


These three are the second group I tried for the limited strokes exercise.

It's good to see the progression and how I got a little more comfortable with the exercise. It's especially nice to be able to loosen up a bit and still paint a realistic impression.


This group could be framed with the other three, or framed separately in a series of 6 little 'uns. Let me know if you want them.

2 comments:

Jane Hunt said...

It is great to see your progression. It's impressive because they don't look like limited strokes paintings at first glance - beautiful!
I'm such an over-worker - getting inspired to try this practice....

Diana Moses Botkin said...

You probably can tell by most of my work that I love detail and so this exercise is a bit out of the ordinary for me as far as what I show people.

I consider these to be "sketches", so it feels okay to show them.

I hope you do try the limited strokes painting. It's fun and revealing!