Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Soul" Maple Seed Still Life Daily Painting

Original oil, painted from life 2.25"x3.25"
framed in decorative gold frame.
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

Just when I thought I was finished with this series, I noticed another aspect of these little miracles. I've uncovered thousands of these from my gardens in the last couple of weeks and today I was struck by the hidden life that resides inside the seed. That green growing thing looks nothing like the brown seed and when it cracks open to reveal something altogether new, it is an amazing picture to me of the new life in the soul.

2 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Ok, it is a nice painting but I'm starting to worry. Your yard is going to be barren if you keep taking in all the seeds to paint.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

So let's see... that's nine sprouting seeds I've brought in to paint so far. It looks like there are still about a zillion out there on our property and in my gardens.

But cranky curmudgeon that I am, grass in the yard and tomatoes in the garden are what I prefer.