Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, January 18, 2008

"Evening Drama" Skyscape Daily Painting

Original small oil painting 4"x6"
Grey and glowing white clouds in a turquoise sky, above darker mountain landscape.

in Museum style gold frame $125.
Contact to purchase.

I had a lot of fun with this one. It is the sort of thing I love to paint and play around with a bit. Like mixing up cornbread, it's okay to go a little heavy on some ingredients and lighter on others. It still turns out

©2008 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

Trine said...

Bare landscapes are among my favourite painting topics and this one is among the most beautiful I have seen lately. I love that sky and wish I could take a walk on that heather.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for your encouraging comments. And Trine, if you ever get to north Idaho, let's go for a hike up on the mountains in my "backyard"!