Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, September 23, 2013

My Article on Commissions

My latest write-up can now be seen on page 70 in the October/November issue of Professional Artist Magazine. The Basics of Creating Successful Commissions gives info on getting jobs, how to charge for your work, and the commission process itself. I also touch on how to handle changes and other snafus.

Speaking of commissions, I'm currently working on a project that involves 3 pieces. I can't wait to tell you about it but it will be awhile longer until I can!

I've also been asked to create two paintings for Christmas gifts. If you've been thinking of ordering a special piece for someone, please contact me a few months ahead of your deadline. I can put your project in the line-up. Depending on size, Christmas gifts are still a possibility.

This little painting at left is one of my favorite commission pieces I've done.

4 comments:

suzanneberry said...

Wow, this has so much character and atmosphere, it's just wonderful! i love his expression and everything about it! beautifully done!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Suzanne. It was a fun one to paint.

Diane Hoeptner said...

It's beautiful, so softly and sensitively painted! (and dangit, I saw that magazine at Barnes and Noble the other day and I would have gotten had I know you were in it. Way to go, will pick one up asap.)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Diane. It's nice to know you saw the pub at Barnes and Noble. I hope you can get a copy. If the bookstore is sold out, or if you prefer a digital copy, simply go to the magazine's website http://www.professionalartistmag.com/ and click on the link to buy "Current Issue".