Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Book coming soon: small regional landscape paintings

I just finished uploading the file to the publisher for my book Gems from the Edge of the Earth. This book shows many of my petite paintings of north Idaho. After I proof a printed copy and make sure it looks good, I'll offer it online. 

You'll be able to get it soon at the introductory price. Stay tuned for a link if you'd like to own one. (Maybe I'll even do a giveaway of a signed copy!)

And if you want to put together your own book and use one of the print-on-demand online publishing companies, it's not too difficult. I just wrote an article about doing just that. The piece appears in the current issue of Art Calendar Magazine, now available at newstands.

I'll be taking a little more time off from Daily Painting to finish up some portrait orders, but will be back soon posting to this blog with my latest little 'uns. Contact me if you'd like info yourself about a commission of that special someone or unique place.

©2008 Diana Moses Botkin

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I want a copy!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Sign me up for the "give away" if you please.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Well I'm pleased to hear there is interest in the book already. I'll make an announcement at my blog when it's available to order (probably in a couple of weeks).

And I'll announce the giveaway for a signed copy here. I'm guessing it will be also be in a coupla' weeks, so keep watching. I'm not signing up people yet but I'll give you a chance to email me when it's time!

Marian Fortunati said...

Well you DO plein air paint, don't you!!
Wow.. what an accomplishment.. a book! I'll look forward to seeing it.
Will you have one of those things so people can leaf through it like they do on Amazon, etc.??
You DO live in an amazing place... aren't we lucky there is so much beauty in the world?
Thanks for dropping by the blog.. I've been in a whirl since I got back and am just now going back to the blog commenting.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hi Marian! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments. And yes I believe you'll be able to preview the book before ordering. I'll be posting a link in the not-too-distant-future!

Kim VanDerHoek said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

I'm going to be sure to get a copy of Art Calender to read your advice on putting a book together. And I'd love to know when your book comes out too because your paintings are beautiful!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hey thanks for stopping by here too, V! I'll keep you all posted on the book. I just ordered the copy to proof, so give it a couple of weeks.